ERMIONI (Small town) ARGOLIS
Adjacent to the church of Agioi Taxiarchoi is situated a restored house built in the local vernacular style, the Economou Residence, where the Third National Assembly began in 1827. Today, the building houses the town’s museum of history and folklore. In the front garden stand the statues of the Mitsa brothers, leaders of the Greek War of Independence in Ermioni.
In the vicinity of the museum is situated an old school dating back to the time of Kapodistrias; constructed on an ancient wall, the school currently serves as a center for cultural events.
This text (extract) is cited March 2004 from the Municipality of Ermioni tourist pamphlet.
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.Subscribe now!