Tel: +30 26920 24451-2
Fax: +30 26920 24453
: Xerokambos, 1700 m - Neraidorachi, 2340 m
It is in the northwest side of Chelmos
, in the location Vathia Lakka
12 downhill ski slopes of 12 km total length, out of which:
- 3 black:
- Ino, 785 m in length.
- Irene, 1635 m in length.
- Antigone, 765 m in length.
- 4 red:
- Ariadne, 1060 m in length.
- Nefeli, 2355 m in length.
- Alkistis, 155 m in length.
- Electra, 630 m in length.
- 3 blue:
- Danae, 875 m in length.
- Fedra, 540 m in length.
- Ismini, 335 m in length.
- 2 green:
- Leto, 175 m in length.
- Alkmini, 165 m in length.
The major slope of Kalavryta Ski Center, with a variety of difficulty is 3200 m in length and altitude difference 640 m.
- 1 three-seat aerial, Achilleas, 750 m in length.
- 1 double-seat aerial, Styga, 1415 m in length.
- 1 sliding double-seat, Artemis, 700 m in length.
- 4 one-seat sliding:
- Hermis, 165 m in length.
- Daphni, 950 m in length.
- Heraclis, 160 m in length.
- Thetis, 320 m in length.
- Wooden Chalet near the parking.
- Cafe & restaurants.
- First aid station with doctor.
- Organized ski school.
- Shops selling & renting ski equipment.
- Parking lot.
- Snowboards’ park, at the slope Alkistis.
- Parachute flying.
- Ski runs with snowmobiles
- Many events during the winter:
- Night ski, every Saturday night, in front of the Chalet 1750.
- New Year’s Eve party is organized at the Chalet 1750 ((with music, dancing and fireworks).
- Special slope for moguls ski.
- Hiking paths.
- Trekking & climbing paths.
- Runs for 4x4 vehicles & moto cross.
There are 2 snowploughs that maintain the roads clean 24 hours a day for easy and safe accessibility.
Kalavryta Ski Center operates daily during the winter period (December-April) from 9 p.m until 4 a.m.
It’s suitable for young people and fans of snowboarding.
There are 4 snow machines for the best preparation of slopes, snowmobiles, etc.
Since 2012, is available the SNOW BUS service. Transport companies, with starting points from Athens as well as from Patras and Eghio, undertake your transfer to the ski center.
Facilities/services in the surrounding area
You can find many hotels and rooms to rent in Kalavryta
as well as in Klitoria
Sites/activities in the surrounding area
In the wider surrounding area of Kalavryta Ski Center, as well as on Chelmos
mountain, there is great interest in:
- The Place of Sacrifice, on Kapi hill, 500 m east of Kalavryta town center, where in December 1943, villagers over 14 years old were executed by Germans conquerors. In our days on Kapi hill is a large cross resembling the heinous crime. The central area is surrounded by columns, where are indicated the names of the families of the executed. At the catacomb are hanging small lamps as many are the families of the executed. On the side of catacomb dominates the stone sculpture of sore mother, emblem of the Municipality of Kalavryta and symbol of human resignation, sculpted by Anna Vafia, a student of the Faculty of Fine Arts. It is symbolic for heroine women of Kalavryta (Mother, sister, grandmother, daughter) who manage with hard try to reinstall the destroyed town.
- The Municipal Museum of the Holocaust, which is housed in the restored building of the old elementary school of Kalavryta, and contains material related to the Holocaust of Kalavryta and the wider region.
- The Memorial of 1821 Greek Fighters, a memory stand of the clergy & the fighters involvement in the Greek Revolution of 1821 and the Greek nation’s liberation from Turkish conqueror.
- Religious interesting in the region is a visit to many monasteries, such as Monastery of Agia Lavra, Monastery of Mega Spileon at Kalavryta, Monastery of the Virgin Makellarias and Monastery of St. Nicholas at Vlassia.
- Cave of the Lakes at Castria - Kalavryta.
- Aristachus, a new telescope of the National Observatory of Athens, the largest in the Balkans and the second large in mainland Europe. It is located at the Chelmos’ top named Neraidorachi, at an altitude of 2.340 m.
- Konstantinos Fassos Municipal Art Gallery, at Kalavryta.
- Archontiko of Paleologina, an important cultural heritage for the Kalavryta town, which now houses a multi-purpose centre of activities such as conferences, workshops, meetings, lectures, and hosting permanent and temporary exhibitions of historic and folkloric character.
- The Gorge of Vouraikos river, whose name refers to the Voura, an important city of antiquity, which was one of the leaders of the Achaiki Symbolitia establishment. On the vertical walls of the gorge are rescued very interesting and unique species of rare plant communities, typical of rocky habitats of the eastern Mediterranean.
- Rack Railway, which crosses the gorge of Vouraikos, connecting Diakopto with Kalavryta in a journey of incredible natural beauty.