The holy temple of Agios Athanassios, in Filippiada was built and
decorated by frescoes in the middle of the 18th century (about 1740-1756), according
to and inscription over the south entrance of the church. The frescoes of this
church are of a special interest. The gate-tower of the cemetery was built in
1847 and the gate-tower of the belfry in 1866. Another temple of great interest
in Filippiada is the temple of Agios Vissarion, which was built in 1861-62. The
most impressive part of this church is made of stone, ornate belfry, which was
built in 1912-13 by a craftsman from Pramanta.
(text: LAZAROS SINESIOS)
This text (extract) is cited July 2003 from the Prefecture of Preveza tourist pamphlet.
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.Subscribe now!