Listed 1 sub titles with search on: Places of worship for destination: "MYRINA Small town LEMNOS (LIMNOS)".
The church of Agia Triada (= The Holy Three) was built by the Metropolitan
Ioannikio around 1724 in the place of an older church. The church was destroyed
by the Turks in 1770 after the Turkish - Russian war and started to be re-built
with a slow pace from 1835 with donations from the local people and those that
had migrated to Egypt. The required wood came in 1865 from Odysso, a donation
from a Lemnian ship captain. The iconostasis is wooden-carved and full of byzantine
icons. On the right side of the iconostasis is a icon of Agia Triada. Most of
the icons are painted around the middle of the 18th century but older ones are
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.Subscribe now!