It is one of the small ruined monasteries of S Cynuria, which can be found W of Kosmas towards Palaiochori, in an opening on the fir-covered slopes of Mt. Parnon. The only part standing is the katholikon, a basilica with a pitched roof and an apse in the sanctuary. In a modern inscription, one can read that the monastery was founded in 1592 and abandoned in 1843.
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.Subscribe now!