Tel: +30 27570 22224
The monastery of Sintza (fig tree), perched on the red cliffs SW of Leonidio seems unapproachable. Among the huge cliffs, the visitor can see the snow-white cells, the domed cross-in-square katholikon with the carved iconostasis and the icons dating back from 1650. The first written evidence of the history of the monastery dates back from 1628. Today it is a nunnery. The nuns will usually be found at the monastery dependency Ayios Charalambos, a small distance from Leonidio on the road towards the parent monastery.
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.Subscribe now!