AGIOS GERMANOS (Village) PRESPES
The church of Aghios Germanos in the homonymous village is dedicated to Aghios Germanos, Patriarch of Constantinople, who according to the local tradition died there and was buried inside the church. It is a registered cruciform done-shaped church, founded a few years before 1006 A.D. Parts of frescoes dating back to the 11th and 12th c. are preserved, whereas the whole of today's visible decoration dates back to 1743 A.D.
(text: Andreas Andreou)
This text (extract) is cited October 2003 from the Prefecture of Florina - Florina Prefecture Tourism Committee tourist pamphlet.
It dates back to 1816.
It dates back to the 19th century.
It was built in the 19th century.
It was built in 1908.
MILIONAS (Settlement) PRESPES
Outside the nearly deserted village of Milionas is the church of Ayios Nikolaos. The 18th and 19th c icons from the church and the local tradition testify to the existence of an earlier church on the same site. Another church dedicated to Ayia Paraskevi, daded 1905, is found in Milionas.
It was built in the early 19th century.
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.Subscribe now!