, 1874 - 1942
Born in Stenimachos, he was a boarder at the Zarifeia Schools in Philippoupolis before studying medicine in Vienna. He practiced medicine in Stenimachos and became president of the Greek community there as well as of Orpheus, the Greek Philharmonic Association (1903). In 1905 he married Evanthia Mezevyri with whom he had four sons. During the Balkan Wars he served as a medic in the Bulgarian army.
In 1915 he moved to Athens where he held the following positions: head of paediatrics at the Athens Polyclinic, a post in the Ministry of Relief (which he renamed Ministry of Health and Welfare), becoming in 1928 vice minister of Health. He also served as chairman of the Patriotic Hospital Fund, chairman of the Panthracian Association and of the Irredentist Greek Committee. He wrote many scientific papers in many languages.
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.Subscribe now!