Skoura is situated on the left bank of the river "Evrotas", 13 kilometers at the northeast of Sparti. It is thought that the name Skoura was given in the area after a significant local Byzantine lord named Skouros. In 1821 after the Turks left, the citizens of "Barbitsa" with the guidance of captain Peter Barbitsioti partially settled in the area of Skoura.
This text is cited Oct 2002 from the Municipality of Therapnes URL below, which contains image.
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.Subscribe now!