It used to be part of the hitherto borough of Epia. Logga used to be a small village before 1900, and St. Andreas was bigger. St. Andreas is now a holiday resort and the sea of the Messinian Gulf with Taygetos in the background, and the dazzling beaches of Messinian Mani stretch across it. According to Andronikos, Logga existed from the years of the Sarakini of Crete while it was later invaded by the Eneti during the Frank ruling in 1209 and, subsequently, by the Turks, which made many inhabitants move higher up and build a city. This protected them from the Venetian boats and the Turkish armadas which dominated the seas. In the south part of Logga there are remnants of buildings which date back to the Turkish - rule years. The old narrow roads were, according to tradition, constructed by Pasha-Ali. The endless olive grove was burnt by Ibrahem in 1827 in revenge for the fact that the inhabitants had fought against him in battles.
This extract is cited March 2003 from the Messenia Prefecture Tourism Promotion Commission URL below, which contains image.
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.Subscribe now!