A titular see of Thessaly.
Cardica is a Latinized medieval form for Gardicium, the true Greek name being
Gardikion. It figures only in the twelfth or thirteenth century as a suffragan
When Thessaly was united with Greece
(1881) the see had been vacant since 1875. It was suppressed in 1899, and Gardikion,
commonly Gardiki, is now but a little town with about 3,000 inhabitants in the
Diocese of Phthiotis.