Limnae (Limnai), was a district to the south of the Acropolis, in which the temple of Dionysus was situated. (Thuc. ii. 15.) It was not a demus, as stated by the Scholiast on Callimachus (H. in Del. 172), who has mistaken the Limnae of Messenia for the Limnae of Athens.
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography (1854) (ed. William Smith, LLD)