TSAGARADA (Village) ZAGORA-MOURESI
Tel: +30 24230 49238
It concerns a representative examble of neoclassical architecture as it was formed in the area of Pelion in the beginning of the century. It is stone-built with a clear stone structure, a central two-storie-building and two ground extentions on the side. Its wooden roof is covered with schist slabs coming from the area nearly. The impressive bulk of the building, the physical colours of its material structure and its carefully constructed details are forming a harmonic group with the physical environment of Mount Pelion.
It was built in 1909 with the kind offer of Nikolaos Nanopoulos and it initially functionned as an Economic School.
Repairs of the building took place in 1993.
On the first floor is situated the Primary School of the village.
In 1985 it was characterized as a Work of Art by the Ministry of Culture.
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.Subscribe now!