The Municipality of Koutsopodion was founded by Law 2539/1997 (Kapodistria Plan), consists of 4 Municipal Districts, the former communities of:
Municipality seat is Koutsopodi, small town of the homonymous municipal district. The first authorities were elected in October 1998. The population was 3628 inhabitants, according to the 1991 census.
On 30-8-1840 King Othonas united Mysias municipality to Mycenae municipality
and named it Mycenae. The capital of that municipality was Koutsopodi and consisted
also of the villages Fihtia, Monastiraki, Borsa, Malandreni, and Schinochori.
Later on, through a royal ordinance of 31.8.1912 Koutsopodi became a community
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.Subscribe now!