02 Jan - 31 Dec: Mon-Fri, 09:00-13:30 & 16:00-19:00
02 Jan - 31 Dec: Sat-Sun, 09:00-13:00 & 16:00-19:00
The Museum is housed in a double-storeyed neoclassical building
dating to 1931.
The Museum's collection includes authentic paintings and reproductions of scenes of the heroic sortie of Missolonghi, portraits of philhellenes and of Greek chieftains, authentic 1837 engravings by the Englishman Friedel, 1826 guns, coins and medals, plaster busts of the five Missolonghian prime ministers.
Also exhibited are personal items and manuscripts belonging to Lord Byron together with paintings of his visits to Greece and a bust copied from his statue in Cambridge.
Among the most important exhibits of the museum are:
sortie from Missolonghi".
E. de Lunsac
from the sortie."
The text is cited from the Ministry of Culture and Tourism website.