Preserved from the first monastery is the Byzantine church with double pitched cross formed roof. In 1689 the monastery was moved lower down: a katholikon of Aghion Oros (Mt. Athos) type, where the
standard of the Revolution was raised in 1821. Ibrahim destroyed the monastery which was rebuilt on the same spot. In the sacristy is kept the Standard (labaron), icons, archives and sacred vessels.