The Monastery has been erected on a rocky crag of 1.400m height.
The monument gives the impression that it floats in the air. It consists of two
churches, those of "The Ascension of Christ Sotir" and the church of Virgin, the
cells on the upper floor and subsidiary rooms in the basement.
The monastery was built in 1529. The church of the "Ascension" is
a single - nave church with narthex adorned in 1654, while the one of Virgin in
The monastery is being restored and the frescoes conserved at the
As a monument is administered by:
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.