Established in 1625, this monastery is located in Kallimasia.
Its name derived from the stone plates (places) found in the area. It is honored
on the same feast day as the Dormition of the Virgin (Tis Panaghias), August 15th.
During the horrible massacres of 1822 most of its 600 nuns were slaughtered or
deserted the monastery. One of the few who returned, Katafigi Mastroyanakis, found
the icon of the Virgin in a miraculous way. Today the monastery has three nuns.