We do not know if the village called Agariones is the one mentioned
as Arioni in the monasteries' documents of 1355 or the one referred to as Kariones
in the codes of Pantokratoros
Monastery. Anyway, the Monastery
of Pantokratoros seemed to have had a significant property in region: The
farmhouse of Ano Chorion, the Monastery of Christ's Metamorphosis and a tower
called Alexopyrgos. This tower was built in honour of the founder of Pantokratoros
Monastery, Alexios Komninos or Alexios Strategopoulos.
This text (extract) is cited May 2003 from the Lemnos
Provincial Government tourist pamphlet (1997).
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.