This was founded in 1920 by Pan. Antonopoulos whose sister served
as abbess. It is dedicated to the Birth of the Virgin Church (Genesion tis Panagias,
September 8), which pre-existed the monastery. A new church built later, honors
the Dormition of the Virgin (Kimissis tis Theotokou).
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.