Milos Airport is located 5 km southeast of the port, Adamas, near the old saltpans, and its facilities lying in a 1615 sq.m. area.
The provisional community airport for domestic flights was founded on January 17, 1973, at the Alikes site of Community of Trypiti.
On October 23, 1995, the construction was completed and began operating the new terminal while the runway was re-covered with asphalt, constructed the skater, the aircrafts’ parking ramp, car parking and all necessary facilities.
Because of the short length of runway, just 800 m., the airport can serve only light or STOL type of aircrafts. Furthermore, due to the small capacity of the aircrafts’ parking ramp, only a medium or two light aircrafts or helicopters it is possible to park.