On the rocky island Vardiani, at the entrance of the Argostoli-Lixouri bay, it’s located a small lighthouse of 8,5 meters height for the ferry’s service.
However, in that area was the lighthouse that English regional supervisor, Charles James Napier, built in 1824 for the Ionian State. It had 25 meters height and focal plane 28. The building consisted of the tower and the lighthouse keeper home. It operated with oil during 1890-1950, when the oil machinery replaced by automatic acetylene torch.
That lighthouse collapsed by the big earthquake of 1953 and today there are only ruins.