The French Company of Lighthouses constructed that lighthouse in 1894, with a tower of 7,5 meters high and of 9 meters focal plane. It is located on the Sousaki cape, close to Agii Theodori, near to Isthmos of Korinthos, just a few meters from the sea, beside Motoroil’s refineries.
It’s a landmark of the area, and is one of the two lighthouses that lead safely the boats towards the Isthmos. It features a green flash every 10” and lighten range up to 12 nautical miles. In combination to the Isthmia port lamps make easier the approach to the canal for the boats that sail from east. Furthermore, is the west limit of mooring for oil tankers, which want to barge into or discharge to Agii Theodori port.