The Fench Company of Ottoman Lighthouses built the lighthouse at Megalo Emvolo, at Thermaikos gulf coastline in 1864. The height of the tower is 10,5 meters and its focal plane 32 meters.
It’s located at the edge of the Hellenic Navy Base at Angelochori, Thessaloniki, and cooperates with the radio-lighthouse, which is at the opposite side of Thermaikos gulf, at the Axios Delta. It is included in the Greek Lighthouses Network after the Balkans Wars in 1912-13.
In 1998 was listed monument of industrial heritage.