Founded in 2014, Clio Muse Tours
is an Athens-based VC-funded IT company that operates in the creative industries creating, developing and distributing self-guided digital/ audio/virtual/ skip-the-line tours aiming to link tourism and culture. Clio Muse’s state-of-the-art technologies enable cultural institutions as well as professionals in the tourism industry to easily and cost-effectively create their own digital tours.
Clio Muse’s storytelling methodology and innovative and sustainable business model have been awarded numerous times in Greece and abroad including the United Nations World Tourism Organization SDGs Global Startup Competition, (GIST) Catalyst Pitch Competition 2019 and Booking Cares Lab 2018.
Over the past 7 years, The company has collaborated with world-class Greek and international cultural institutions, museums, organizations and companies such as The Athens International Airport, the Museum of Cycladic Art, Nea Odos, Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, Goulandris Natural History Museum and B&M Theocharakis Foundation Center.
Today, it has created over 300 digital and audio tours and 23 virtual tour experiences for 11 European countries highlighting well-known landmarks and museums, lesser-known places and natural wonders. From art, literature, architecture and history to off-the-beaten-path city walks and dark tourism, Clio Muse’s tour categories span a wide range of themes.
With an established network of partners in the travel industry including the world’s largest marketplaces, top online travel agencies and tour operators, Clio Muse has a wide customer base and it served 50K travelers in 2019 alone.
Finally, Clio Muse has participated in two large-scale three-year EU Horizon 2020 projects: RePast and PLUGGY.
- Content Creation (CREATE authoring tool that enables third-party partners to create or edit in real-time their digital tours)
- IT services
- Research and Development ( Write project proposals, EU-funded projects, draft dissemination plans, organize workshops,)
- Distribution Network (TripAdvisor, GetYourGuide, Expedia, Booking.com, Musement, KLOOK and more)
- Digital Educational Quiz Game
- Accessibility features for people with vision impairment or dyslexia
- Content creation and technological development of digital, audio, virtual tours
- Web & Mobile apps
- Interactive touch screens
- Interactive maps
- User interaction statistics
- E-ticket platform