It is one of the few monasteries saved in Evrytania. It consists of the church and one wing with cells.
The church honoured to Mary (Panagia) Proussiotissa is in the cross - domed type and dates to 1754. In the West side of the church there is a crypt adjusted to be used as a parekklesion. The frescoes created by the painters G. Georgiou and G. Anagnostou date to 1785. Frescoes of the 13th century are also saved in the external west side of the crypt, while in the internal we can distinguish two phases, one of which dates to 1518. A remarkable wood - carved iconostasis, dated to 1810, decorates the crypt.
The monastery church (katholikon) has been restored and the frescoes
have been conserved.
Nowadays it is used as a monastery.
Byzantine & Post-Byzantine Monuments
Art & culture
On site monuments
Monastery: Byzantine period, AD 324-1453Modern and contemporary Greece, 1821-today
Churches: Byzantine period, AD 324-1453Post-Byzantine period, 1453-1821