The largest village on Zakynthos, renowned for the hospitality of its inhabitants.
There is one peculiarity that lends a note of difference to Katastari: the village
is abruptly interrupted by a little used road and after it comes the rest of the
village built in the shape of an amphitheatre overlooking the bay of Alykes.
The light breeze which often blows in the area makes the hottest summer days cool
and pleasant. The visitor must take a look at the church of Agioi Theodori, in
which after the 1953 earthquakes the inhabitants gathered together what remained
from the demolished churches of the area.