It is a three aisled church, with the central aisle ending up in a half-hexagonal apse.
The frescoes that decorate the central aisle are of the late 14th century and those of the other two of the late 15th century. In the southern aisle one sees the iconographical cycle of St. Catherine. The monument was used as a mosque during the Ottoman occupation (1522-1912). According to tradition, the sultan Suleyman the Great prayed in this church, after he conquered Rhodes.